Skip to main content

The Chronicles of Narnia- Voyage of the Dawn Treader

The Chronicles of Narnia- Voyage of the Dawn Treader
AMC 21 Movie Theater Chicago
Good

This was an unimpressive movie in an unimpressive theater. I had high hopes seeing a movie in Downtown Chicago, I was disappointed. I guess I'll never find a better theater than the Grand in Winston Salem!

The problem with this movie is that is was missing 2 of the 4 main characters. Apparently the older two are too old to go to Narnia, which I think is crap. I kept on waiting for a surprise appearance, since the older two were far more interesting than the younger two, however except for a dream sequence it wasn't to be. I found this story, not horrible, but definitely not as good as Prince Caspian. It's funny, out of the trilogy I felt the same about the 3rd one as I did the first. The middle one was my favorite! I don't know how close this movie is to the books, but standing alone this movie would have been quickly forgotten. In fact I almost forgot to write a review, that's how forgettable it was.

Comments

  1. That's too bad. David and I really enjoyed the first two movies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Machete

9-5-10 The Grand Theater Horrible...Great...Not Superior What can I say, it was as healthy as cotton candy. Was it trying to be a serious action flick? Sometimes. Was it a comedy? Maybe? Bad writing, dumb ending. Cool action scenes followed by ridiculous embarassing action scenes. When you add it all up what a horrible movie. You shouldn't go see it because it's so stupid...it's so dumb...it's cheap entertainment with it's decapitated heads, pretty women and ugly men both doing outlandish, illogical and implausable acts. So there, take that, it's a bad movie. By the way I liked it, but I shouldn't have. Do you want to go see it with me again? Machete Trailer

A Christmas Carol 3-D

11-8-2009 The Grand Theater Superior This was the scariest I've seen in a long time. That's saying a lot considering my list. There were times I was shaken, and this isn't an unfamiliar story. This was also a beautiful movie with amusement park like effects, especially with the 3-D, which by the way I highly reccomend. With the 3-D glasses you really notice the care and detail taken to truly make this an imaginative and engaging remake of the ultimate Christmas Story (Next to the Jesus Story of course.) Many are critical of this movie because of it's over use of special effects and I would agree with them if the story telling and acting weren't as superb as they were. Jim Carey (I'm not really a fan) was excellent in his portrayal of Scrooge and the Spirits of Christmas Past and Present. Each Spirit character including Jacob Marley was both endearing and terrifying. Exactly as their characters should be. The exception being the Spirit of Christmas Yet to Come, h

Inglorious Basterds

The Grand Theater 8/23/2009 Excellent This move was as good as I had hoped it would be. What made it good was what makes all good movies good, "Writing" Quinten Tarantino is one of the best writer/ directors around and Inglorious Baterds fits his style perfectly. This movie is not as good as Pulp Fiction, but it is most certainly in the same league. This movie takes it's time and isn't consumed with the violence, even though it is extremely violent. There are no weak (or short) scenes. The dialogue is carefully written and the character complex and interesting. The best performance is by Brad Pitt. If only this were a true story, things would have been different. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sQhTVz5IjQ